There are many criteria that an eligible provider must do to attest use of their certified EHR technology. This page will point you to the correct resources for attestation and help your office qualify for Meaningful Use. All EHR eligible providers will attest through a secure mechanism for 2011 and 2012. You must identify the certified EHR technology in use and submit reports on product use and clinical metrics. EHR eligible providers will need to register their intent to seek incentive dollars. For more information on EHR attestation criteria and EHR incentive programs, click here.
What is EHR Meaningful Use Criteria and How do I qualify for Meaningful Use?
In order to qualify for the incentive payments, providers must demonstrate three things:
- Use of a certified EHR system with ePrescribing capability that meets current Health and Human Services (HHS) standards
- Connectivity to other providers to improve access to the full view of a patient’s health history
- Ability to report on their use of the technology to HHS. To familiarize yourself with the core objectives and quality measures, click here.
Additionally, because the government wants to spur quick movement in this area, all incentives include payments for up to five years, but provide the largest payments early in the program. Providers who don’t demonstrate Meaningful Use of an EHR under the Medicare component of the program will eventually be penalized through lower payments. The incentive payments begin in 2011 to ensure providers have time to adopt and learn to use the EHR; penalties begin in 2015.
To start the process you’ll need to register first, a guide on registration can be found here:
What specialties is AdvancedMD ready to attest?
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy (including- hospital owned ambulatory clinic Physicians)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery of Medicine
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctor of Optometry
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants practicing in an FQHC or RHC that is sold by a Physician Assistant
To see if your State’s program is ready and approved by CMS for incentives distribution, click here. When your State is listed on the CMS website, please see your State Medicaid website for further instruction.
For more information on Meaningful Use and how AdvancedMD can help you, visit our training tutorials or see the Meaningful Use Guide in the Help Files
Access Training Tutorials
1. Log into AdvancedMD Practice Management.
2. Click the “Video Training Library” button.
3. Click “Release Training” and then select the “Meaningful Use” tab.
Access Meaningful Use Guide
- Log in to AdvancedMD Practice Management.
- From the Help menu, select Contents.
- In the Help Table of Contents, expand the Meaningful Use Measures topic.
- Select Guide.