AdvancedMD’s PM & EHR applications utilize ActiveX controls to add the necessary functionality to Internet Explorer. Because ActiveX controls run on your computer they are blocked by default. The following instructions will walk you through setting up Internet Explorer so it only allows AdvancedMD ActiveX controls to install
- Close all internet explorer windows, including any advancedMD windows that may be open.
- Click on the following link to download the IE_Config file.
- When Prompted select open File and then click OK.
- Double click on the IE_Config file.
- Click “Run” on the Security Warning Alert.
- Click “Yes” on the User Account Control prompt.
- Click “Yes” on the Registry Editor window that pops up.
- Press “OK” on the new Registry Editor window. It should say “successfully Added…”
- Internet explorer is now configured to allow AdvancedMD’s ActiveX controls to install.
Note: Some add-ons or tool bars could conflict with our ActiveX Controls, the above steps will not remove or disable any add-ons or tool bars. You may need to manually remove conflicting add-ons or tool bars.