When a patient is assigned a new Responsible Party, any posted charges for that patient will remain assigned to their previous Responsible Party account. This is because charges are tied to the account and not the patient themselves.
The Responsible Party account with the charges associated to it can be updated to rectify the problem. To better illustrate how this will look in your office key, please see below.
To reassign the charges to the new Responsible Party follow the steps below:
1. Click the Patient Demographics icon
2. Select the patient who has a new responsible party
3. Click the History tab
4. Double click on the first line item that needs to be assigned to the new responsible party
5. Clear the responsible party currently listed
6. Select the new responsible party and press the Tab key on the keyboard
7. Click Save and Close
Repeat these steps for each line item that needs to be assigned to the new responsible party.