Updated 12/17/2014 3:00 PM
Microsoft has released KB3025390 which will resolve the issues caused by KB3008923.
You must install both Updates in order for the issue to be resolved. You will not be able to in still the new update (KB3025390) until the first windows update (KB3008923) is installed.
The best way to install both updates is to use the “Windows Update” within of windows. Please follow the directions to run your windows update:
* Please make sure that you have admin rights before following the steps below.
- Click on the Start Button.
- In the Search box type in “update“.
- Click on Windows Update
- Click on Check for updates in the upper left of the navigation pane.
- Click on the Install updates button.
- Repeat this process at least two times to ensure KB30025390 has been installed. Once installed you will no longer need to add or remove updates to avoid this issue.
**Please be aware that a reboot will be required when installing the update.
We highly recommend that you turn on Automatic Updates. Please see our article on How to turn on Windows Automatic Updates for instruction on to determine if Automatic Updates are enabled.
How do I know if the correct updates are installed?
Starting from Step 4 above or after you install an update:
- Click on View Update history.
- If KB3025390 is listed in the update history you should no longer have an issue.
If you are up to date on your windows updates you may receive an error “An Error Has Occurred” in multiple areas of the PM application. We have determined that this is caused by an update by ADP AdvancedMD and Windows Update on 12/9/2014. Specifically the “Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB 3008923″ windows update. We are currently working with Microsoft to resolve this issue.
Currently the work around is to uninstall this specific windows update. Please keep in mind that they next time windows runs it’s updates, it is likely that this update will reinstall. It will be necessary to remove this update every time it re-installs. We do not recommend turning off automatic updates as you may miss other critical updates. Please see your IT professional for other options related to stopping this update, until there is a resolution.
To remove the windows update please follow the directions below:
* Please make sure you have Admin Rights
- Click on the Start Button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel… Click on Programs and Features.
- From the Navigation pane on the left, click View installed updates.
- Scroll down the list or search for KB3008923. Select KB3008923
- Right click on KB3008923 and select Uninstall
If you don’t currently have a case with support and would like updates on this issue please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HYD An Error Has Occurred” in the subject and please include your office key in the email message. We will provide updates to all cases attached to this issue as we have them.