Many clients expressed concerns about the ability to meet the Clinical Summaries to Patients objective. We’re pleased to announce recent changes that will give our clients some flexibility & options.
Monday (11/17/2014) an update was released that allows you to meet the Clinical Summaries Numerator by doing one of the following:
- Patient Viewable check box selected
- Declined Clinical Summary check box selected
- Patient Note is linked to an appointment and a Clinical Summary Word Merge must be generated using a Word Docs template with ‘marked as clinical summary’ checkbox selected
- Patient Note MUST BE signed, the Note date on the Info tab must be the same as the appointment date, and aClinical Summary Word Merge must be generated using a Word Docs template with ‘marked as clinical summary’ checkbox selected
- Patient Note linked to an appointment and an Outbound CIE Clinical Summary is printed
Although we have changed the measure so it does not require linking the Patient Note to the appointment, it is highly recommended that you change the User Preference to automatically link all chart items to an appointment date. This User Preference will make the process automatic, making it more consistent and accurate.
This change can be done by setting the below Chart Tab User Preference:
Tools | User Preferences | Select the checkbox next to ‘On Chart Item Save – Auto-Link to Appt of same Date (if not already linked)’
In addition to setting the User Preferences we also recommend the best practice of signing Patient Notes. This ensures no changes can be made to the Patient Note for secure clinical documentation.
So long as the above User Preference is selected, you can retroactively link Patient Notes by opening up the note and clicking Save or using Chart Maintenance.
Please remember an efficient way to sign multiple notes at one time is through the Review Bin.